[Wylug-help] Bluetooth

Alistair Cockeram alistair at IMF2000.org
Fri Apr 16 18:04:09 BST 2004

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Gary Stainburn wrote:
[...]
> Can anyone tell me what I need to do next

I am currently writing this on a laptop with a bluetooth usb dongle
connected to a nokia 6310i in Leeds station. This is because I can't find
any wireless networks in range (not trying hard I know).

It sounds like you have nearly done it, the next stage I had to do on MDK
was to create the node device in /dev as to which there are instructions
on google if you look hard enough. Then you will be able to initiate a
connection to your phone and thus pair the devices. I had to read 5
different versions of instructions to get the whole thing working before I
had success, I suggest you do the same.

Email me off list if you need further help with the later configuration.

--
Alistair Cockeram, Leeds UK