[Wylug-help] SpamAssassin

John Craven johnc at ukzone.com
Thu Apr 29 18:53:14 BST 2004

At 16:54 29/04/2004 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi,
>We are planning to use SpamAssassin with Sendmail on Red Hat. Does
>anyone have any tips or advice from experience of setting this up?
>TIA.
>John Langan

I have spam assassin setup on my RH7.3 box and still get 200+ spam emails per day.
You have to do an awful lot of tweaking. I have mine set at 2.5 hits (the default is 5.0 hits). The spammers seem to have the knack of beating anti spam programs. They very often come through with a -minus number.
Setup is straight forward. All you need to do is put your preferences in your own /home/your-directory/.spamassassin/user_prefs
Good luck...

John C

>--
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

  Check out our British Country Music Web Sites

        http://www.countrymusic.org.uk
        http://www.bcmi-radio.co.uk

        Over 70,000 visitors a week