[Wylug-help] Installation of Nvidia graphics card drivers.

Nik Jewell L.N.Jewell at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Feb 26 14:15:45 GMT 2004

Hi Robert

> Can anyone tell me how to install the drivers. The installation process described on the Nvidia web site did not help me.

You're going to need to provide a little more information than that
before anyone can help you.

e.g. How far did you get through the instructions on the Nvidia site?

At what point did you hit a problem?

What was the error message?

Did you look in the Linux discussion forum on the Nvidia site to see if
anybody else had your problem?

Or, if you didn't understand the instructions, which bit in particular?

> If anyone can give me the idiots guide to the installation process I would be very grateful.

I'm sure googling for this will turn up sets of installation
instructions.  It does for me, here's one for Suse users for instance:

http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/suse/i386/supplementary/X/XFree86/nvidia-installer-HOWTO

It looks ok - the only possible gotcha being not having the kernel
sources installed on your system which you will be able to install using
Yast (I believe - I'm not a Suse user).  The manual for Suse 9 will
explain how to use Yast.

HTH

Nik