[Wylug-help] Switching Mice

Dave Whiteley d.l.whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jul 9 14:35:00 BST 2004

Hello All,

I have a couple of laptops available to me.  I also have a usb mouse
available.  When travelling with the laptop I use the horrid mousepad
(Toshiba) , or the pipple (IBM).  But when static, I prefer to use a
usb conventional mouse.

Is there any way that I can ask a running X session to switch between
available mice?  (I know I can edit the config and restart my X, but I
am too lazy for that - and I sometimes do not want to have to restart
a running process.

Dave

--

Dave Whiteley
d.l.whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk
Phone +44 (0)113 343 2059
School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
The University of Leeds. Leeds, LS2 9JT,  UK