[Wylug-help] Looking for an Email Client - Console, remote IMAP access

Geoff Richards qef at ungwe.org
Wed Jul 14 14:10:21 BST 2004

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 09:44:12AM +0100, John Hodrien wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Jim Jackson wrote:
>
> >depends on your definition of free.
> >I thought most dist's had sorted things out with Pine? Remind me what the
> >beef with it is.....
>
> Fedora have still not let it back into the fold.  Tis a shame, as I quite
> like
> pine, and never got on with mutt as I felt the UI just didn't quite work,
> despite the rumoured power.

Mutt has some shitty defaults, so you need a decent configuration and
a little while to get used to it, but after a while it works nicely.

If anyone wants my config, which has got all sorts of clever things
Aaron worked out, let me know.  You can do nice things like
automatically displaying word documents or HTML inline by piping
through catdoc or lynx, and colour coding messages from different
places.  Neato.

--

--- Geoff Richards -------------><-------------- http://ungwe.org/ ---
"I tried to fling my shadow at the moon,