[Wylug-help] Ssh and environment variables.

Geoff Richards qef at ungwe.org
Thu Jun 3 22:24:19 BST 2004

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 02:46:19PM -0600, Thomas, Nicholas wrote:

> The problem I have is that our archived software releases were built through
> a telnet session. And if I want to reproduce an old build I still have to
> use telnet until we get ssh session environment setup exactly the same.

That's puzzling.  If it is an environment variable that's affecting the
build process, maybe you could track it down by comparing the
environment when you log in through telnet and ssh.  For example, log in
through telnet and do this:

   env | sort > telnet.txt

and similarly for ssh.  Then compare them:

   diff -u telnet.txt ssh.txt

Other than that, I can't think of anything else that would be different.
Is the build process completely automated?

--

--- Geoff Richards -------------><-------------- http://ungwe.org/ ---
"I tried to fling my shadow at the moon,