[Wylug-help] WikiWikiWebs and unstructure workflow

Rik Wade rik at rikwade.com
Mon Jun 28 15:09:03 BST 2004

Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> [to be pedantic, Twiki is perl]

You're right. Thanks for correcting me. I won't start a religious war on
the merits of Python over Perl (badly written or obtuse Perl that is).

> Thats a little more allowing people to see a single person's calendar.
> I'd really like something which effectively indexes pages by date
> entries, which is a different problem.

Ah, re-reading your original mail, I see what you mean now. Yes, the
WebDAV thing is a bit more plain calendar sharing. It may not be too
much hassle to extend a well written Wiki to include date information
and provide another indexing function - especially if it sits on an SQL
database. You may be able to glean some code from the "RecentChanges"
function that many Wikis include? MoinMoin's function is quite good.
--
rik