[Wylug-help] Linux As A Server For Windows XP Machine

Thomas Oris at logicalempire.com
Mon Mar 15 21:07:15 GMT 2004

Hey,

As it is my home network is like this, I have a combined router/modem which
just goes straight to all my machines, and as I've just come into possession
of a new computer I thought I'd turn it into a router/proxy server for all
the other computers. This is the hard part I don't know which to use. This
is what I "think" I should do,
1. Set the LAN up on the new machine and turn it into a DHCP server, at this
point there should be etho1 that connects to the net, and etho2 which
connects to a hub which in turns connects to 3 windows xp machines, with is
distributed by DHCP.
2. At this point I'm lost as of how to get the internet connection on the
new computer so it can be used on the 3 windows xp machines.

Thanks in Advance
Thomas Porteus