[Wylug-help] email problem

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Nov 25 09:30:38 GMT 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, John Craven wrote:

> I'm having problems receiving some emails. All my complainants are using
> freeserve / wanadoo for their isp. I cannot see any problems with my
> server. It is NOT blacklisted and it is NOT open relay. Is there any way
> that I can check to see if any mail has arrived at my server and been
> rejected ???
>
> I am running RH 7.3 with sendmail 8.11.6 My mail is not checked by
> spamassassin and is not processed through procmailrc
>
> Any advice ???

Do they get their mail bounced or does it just apparently disappear? If
mail is bounced then get them to send you the reject message with the FULL
headers via a 3rd party. Check that.

Are you getting anything in your logs? (check the /etc/syslog.conf file
for where mail messages are stored and look in that file.)