[Wylug-help] ADSL Recommendations?

Phil Driscoll phil at dialsolutions.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 16:45:01 BST 2004

On Wednesday 20 October 2004 16:06, James Holden wrote:
> Looks like I'm going with BT in the new house.
>
> Any recommendations on ADSL providers anyone?

I'm moving house at the end of next week, and have just fallen out with Demon.
I've been with them almost since they started up and they have always been
technically very good for me, but are increasingly becoming administratively
useless.

The straw that broke the camel's back (which was already creaking under the
weight of the incompetence of their billing department) was that although I
am only moving house about 500 yards, and am keeping the same phone number on
the same telephone exchange, they tell me it's impossible for me to keep my
IP address. Consequently I have to waste a load of effort getting sundry
firewalls around the country reconfigured to let me in :(

I've decided to go with the uklinux people. I don't know anyone who has used
their ADSL service, so I would welcome any input on that score. I have
exhibited at various conferences and shows where they have set up the network
and internet connection, and they seem to be good people who know what they
are doing, and hopefully small enough to care about their customers!

More details at
http://www.uklinuxadsl.net/

Cheers
--