[Wylug-help] ADSL Recommendations?

C.Mackins at Bradford.ac.uk C.Mackins at Bradford.ac.uk
Wed Oct 20 16:48:03 BST 2004

I used to be with Pipex - adsl service was generally good, though I did have a
couple of issues with email account (once I lost  my entire email stock when
their server went down - never recovered them - wouldn't have been an issue if
I was using a client such as Thunderbird).  Cust service isn't great.
Reasonable price, no caps.

Currently using Fasthosts - about same price, no caps, good service, and though
not linux supported, their customer service is pretty good/quick.   However, I
use the Thunderbird email client and when using the domain name as smtp this
causes a conflict which prevents sending emails (this occurs on more than 1
machine on my network and is not just localised to my box); however, if instead
of using smtp.mydomain.abc.uk I use smtp.fasthosts.co.uk and this appears to
have resolved the problem - mad.

Quoting James Holden <wylug at jamesholden.net>:

> --
> All,
>
> Looks like I'm going with BT in the new house.
>
> Any recommendations on ADSL providers anyone?
>
> Regards,
>
> james
>
> --
>
> [ signature.asc of type application/pgp-signature deleted ]
> --

This mail sent through IMP: http://webmail.brad.ac.uk
To report misuse from this email address forward the message
and full headers to misuse at bradford.ac.uk