[Wylug-help] ADSL Recommendations?

James Holden wylug at jamesholden.net
Wed Oct 20 16:55:32 BST 2004

--
On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 16:06, James Holden wrote:
> --
> All,
>
> Looks like I'm going with BT in the new house.
>
> Any recommendations on ADSL providers anyone?

I'll throw a bit more detail in...

No download caps.

Prefer 1MB service.

Not interested in email/webspace/whatever added services.

Not too bothered about Linux support per se because I have a spare ADSL
router which I intend to use. There will be Linux boxes behind it
though.

Contention ratio not too important, 1:50 is fine.

Browsing speed is an important factor, but I mostly throw big chunks of
data around via BitTorrent, HTTP or Rsync.

Static IP essential. More than 1 IP would be a bonus.

Did I mention cheap? ;-)

James