[Wylug-help] Safety of Fast Processors (OT)

don don at leedsweb.dyndns.org
Fri Sep 24 01:31:54 BST 2004

I've been a radio amateur for a long time. I have had exposure to rf
fields many orders of magnitude more than comes out of even the most
badly screened pc, not to mention a few rf burns. So far I haven't had
any ill effects.

The actual clock frequency on a gigahertz processor is only a few
hundred megs. The gigahertz is produced by the clock multiplier inside
the cpu and does't ever get outside the cpu chip.

Don Magee