[Wylug-help] advice

Roger Beaumont roger.b at beaunet.force9.net
Fri Sep 24 22:55:52 BST 2004

On Friday 24 September 2004 16:12, John Langan wrote:
> I agree. I switched to broadband using ethernet and for the difference in
> price it is well worth it. I had to buy my own modem as the Fujitsu usb
> modem sent by the ISP was useless.

I went broadband with Blueyonder - they asked about connection and I said
"ethernet" (the box supplied actually has both ethernet and USB connectors -
and has http admin) - so no s/w, Linux 'just works'.  It's 768Mbps, with no
limits, for 25 quid a month.  I'm serving low demand websites (dozens of hits
per day) over the connection without any hassle, or speed problems.

Roger Beaumont