[Wylug-help] dvd/cdrecord grief (IDE vs IDE-SCSI?)

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Apr 18 13:24:25 BST 2005

On Monday 18 Apr 2005 10:47, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm getting weird behaviour out of a CD/DVD writer at work.  It seems
> happy to recognise and write CDs, but not DVDs.

Dave, as you know, 2.6 kernels don't like ide-scsi.  Assuming that you don't
have that in your fstab line, though, you should be OK to write the disk.  I
don't use command-line burning, although I know many people prefer it, but
k3b burns fine for me, and of course it is only a front-end for cdrecord, so
I can only presume that when k3b is set up it writes a config file that is
understandable to cdrecord.  HTH

Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?  Mandrake at all levels