[Wylug-help] dvd/cdrecord grief (IDE vs IDE-SCSI?)

Dave Fisher davef at gbdirect.co.uk
Mon Apr 18 14:59:06 BST 2005

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 02:10:51PM +0100, James Holden wrote:
> Well... it's finding what appears to be two hard disks, so the "no
> CD/DVD drive found on this target" message seems to be correct.

Thanks James.

I suspected this possibility, but the description of 'Disk' together
with Manufacturer and Product code was not very helpful (Unless you know
for certain that Maxtor never manufacture CD/DVD drives or you google
for the product codes ... which I suppose I should have done)

Of course, it would have been completely obvious which was which drive
if I had actually found something described as 'Removable CD-ROM'

> Are you loading the IDE-SCSI module for the right IDE device?

It wasn't being loaded at boot time cos everything was fine using
straight forward ide.  When I loaded the module manually I completely
forgot about giving it a device argument.

> Are the
> two Maxtor disks serial ATA?

I think so.

Thanks for the read out and sample kerenel params.

Together with a couple of other suggestions from the list, I now have a
few lines of enquiry to follow.

Thanks everyone.

Dave