[Wylug-help] Mdk10.1 with loopy GRUB

dnoble7 at ukonline.co.uk dnoble7 at ukonline.co.uk
Sun Feb 27 13:34:18 GMT 2005

Help please,
 			After 3 installs of Mdk 10.1 CE ,   each resulting in GRUB showing a
choice of Linux, failsafe, and Windows,  but choosing either Linux or
failsafe just results in the computer rebooting and GRUB re-appearing.
			Choosing Windows results in Win98 booting OK.  During the last
attempt I chose to put GRUB on a floppy,  same result.
			In desperation I put in a spare hard drive, for hda and installed Mdk
as sole OS, and... you've guessed, same loopy GRUB !
			So until someone can advise I shall have to stick with the present
9.2 on this box.  By the way the discs were cover discs from LXformat mag.

			Many thanks in anticipation,    David

		P.S.  Have just installed Knoppix 3.7 on the hda of other box instead of Mdk
and it's looking good, and playing mp3s for me.