[Wylug-help] Web Hosting - Recommendations and Horrors?

Mike mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net
Tue Jan 11 10:47:56 GMT 2005

Take a look at www.xcalibre.co.uk. I've had excellent service from them
for more than a couple of years now, handling several small-to-medium
sites. Until recently they had a subscribers' bulletin board, upon which
they accepted all the gripes which came their way, unusual in itself.
The range of posts also showed how tremendously flexible and
accommodating they are. I know from personal experience their tech
support is in a class of its own, free by email or 25p per min phone.
They have a range of packages and will probably have one to fit your
needs. Also, if their packages are too pricey (I haven't looked at
buying single packages for quite some time) we have some spare subweb
slots at the moment - see www.hypertextus.com - and we may be able to do
something at or near cost if you are prepared to take on the
configuration and maintenance (you'd have your own control panel, of
course).

There are lots of other good hosts out there, though. I'm just stating
my personal experience of this one.

Good hunting.

Mike