[Wylug-help] Printing problems

Mike Goodman mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net
Mon Jul 25 11:55:29 BST 2005

I have a Brother HL-1030 attached to a FC4 machine, from which I wish to
print a document created in the Gimp. The printer has been working fine
until now. Suddenly, it starts spewing out reams of blank paper when I
ask it to print.

lpq command produces:

brother is ready and printing
Rank    Owner   Job     File(s)                         Total Size
active  webby   39      (stdin)                         2646016 bytes

to which I responded with lprm 39 and tried to print again - then lprm
40 with (stdin) 7894016 bytes, then 41 . . .

I have just printed, successfully, an ordinary text file produced in
gedit. Why, when I want to print from the Gimp, does the thing wish to
churn all the paper out without producing anything and where do I look
to see if I can correct this behaviour? A stdin exists, it would seem,
in every part of the system - "standard input"? - and correcting the
default paper size (US, as you would expect, pun intentional) makes no
difference.

Many thanks,

Mike