[WYLUG-help] still trying to get this machine to copy cds/dvds

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Mar 4 16:30:23 GMT 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Mike wrote:

> cdrecord: Drive does not support TAO recording.
> cdrecord: Illegal write mode for this drive.

> Any ideas?

Never written a DVD under linux.  If your drive truely can't do TAO I'd be
shocked and horrified I think, but you could always try:

cdrecord -dao foo.iso

to make it do disk at once.

> Also, will I have to use the mkisofs command (make iso file system?) ewvery
> time I burn a CD?

Are you really up to date with FC2?

Give me the output of:

rpm -q cdrecord
ls -lH /dev/cdrom*
uname -r

> Will I always have to be root and use the command line?

No.  At the moment you could use a graphical tool as root.  Once we sort your
problem with that out you'll be able to be a normal user.

> How about music, presentations and so forth?

I don't understand.

jh

--
"Madame, si c'est possible, c'est fait, impossible?  Cela se fera."
                                               -- Charles Alexandre de Calonnne