[WYLUG-Help]

Mike Goodman mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net
Fri Sep 9 14:14:14 BST 2005

Thanks, Anne. Assuming CLI to mean something to do with command line, I
typed in alsamixer and got a row of horizontal bars with captions
underneath. The one on the left, Analog C, has red at the top, green in
the middle and white at the bottom and 100<>100 beneath. All of the
others, including a small one marked MM, are empty.

Above the bar chart is:
 Card: CA0106
││ Chip:
││ Item: Analog Center/LFE

So I asked it for help and got:
[mike at count ~]$ alsamixer --help
alsamixer: invalid option -- -
AlsaMixer v1.0.9a
Usage: alsamixer [-h] [-c <card: 0...7>] [-D <mixer device>] [-g] [-s]
[-V <view>]

Is it safe to experiment with these? I don't want my FC4 box emulating
Billionaire Bill's Blue Screen of Death! :o) Even better if someone can
tell me (politely, please) exactly what to do next.

Best,

Mike