[WYLUG-Help]

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Sep 9 16:34:19 BST 2005

On Friday 09 Sep 2005 16:18, Mike Goodman wrote:
> Had a play with the controls as suggested by John Hodrien. Managed to
> get all the bars in the green range, and all with something in them -
> the small one now contains 00. Still silence (pun?). Can't make much
> sense of anything from the link, Anne. Just tried lspci -v and part of
> its output is:
>
> 00:08.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy LS
>         Subsystem: Creative Labs SB0410 SBLive! 24-bit
>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
>         I/O ports at ec00 [size=32]
>         Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
>
> but I failed on the small award because I can't see anything which says
> CA0106. In fact, I went one further and got a bigger fail as root:
>
> # modprobe snd-card-ca0106
> FATAL: Module snd_card_ca0106 not found.
>
> Now, there seems to me to be something of a contradiction with something
> I said earlier . . .
>
> Should I be installing something? I simply stuck the sound card into the
> slot and when the commands which I found on the web seemed to show the
> thing to be there, just assumed that was it. What does "Module" refer
> to, and where should it be?

Does FC offer any tools to help you try different drivers?  The card in
this box claims to be an Audigy, and alsamixer says it uses chip TriTech
TR28602.  The recommended driver for this card is audigy, but I never
could get it to work.  I have snd-emu10k1 loaded, and it works perfectly
with that.

I've never used FC, so I can't help with that side of it.