[WYLUG-help] "lost" hdd

Mike Goodman mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net
Thu Jan 26 17:30:56 GMT 2006

Hi, Folks,

Still haven't worked out how to find out what is happening viz. my 2
hard disc drives. I've run all the commands as stated earlier and now
fdisk.

Where should I start?

fdisk /dev/hda confirms that it is a 40.1 GB hdd with 3 partitions:
hda1 with boot partition and most of the space, Linux;
hda2 extended;
hda5 in the same space as hda2 with Linux swap / Solaris partition.

fdisk /dev/hdb confirms that it is an 82.3 GB hdd with very similar
partitions, just larger.

However, dmesg had already told us that.

All contributions gratefully received.

Mike
--
"Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; and
when it is bad, it is better than nothing."