[WYLUG-help] "lost" hdd

Mike Goodman mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net
Fri Jan 27 14:03:25 GMT 2006

Dave Fisher wrote:
> Please don't think I'm taking the micky.
>
> I'm just trying to eliminate all the simple/obvious potential
> explanations before getting into any of the esoterica.

Dave, I fully appreciate having the "obvious" pointed out to me. Having
learned what little I know "on the hoof" and in no structured order
whatever, I am grateful as the "obvious" is often far from it for
me! :o)

There is a very high probability, IMHO, that at least the majority of my
woes are caused by my failing to do what would be obvious for anyone who
has followed a structured IT training and/or career path! I have picked
up a couple of reference books on the way, but on occasion even they
appear to me to be starting from a point beyond where I have reached so
far.

I shall now try Stephen Patterson's and Dave Fisher's suggestions and
post back with the results.

Many thanks,

Mike
--
"Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; and
when it is bad, it is better than nothing."