[Wylug-help] streaming video from a pc without X to a pc with X

Yiannis Gatsoulis menig at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jul 20 17:21:20 BST 2006

simon wrote:
> Wow, a man after my own heart.....
> Xubuntu, Ekiga, Ad-Hoc (tell me you're using OLSR as well)
>
> Sounds too much like the cluster of machines in my house :-)

:). House is slightly different..... Flatmates do not comply..... :P

> The Windows port of Ekiga uses SDL (in some capacity) so maybe this can
> also be applied to the 'server' end. If you can't you could always use
> remote X, or X on a dummy framebuffer.
>
> If you want finer control of the Ekiga settings you can use gconf-editor
> to hack stuff you can't see via preferences.
>
> You can set the 'server' to auto answer, so you just need to call from
> the 'client'.

Actually, under windows with netmeeting I could connect directly from
one netmeeting to another using H.323. So I am assuming that it can be
done with ekiga.... Well at least on the first stage since on the second
I will have to use no X on the server side and hence some kind of video
streaming from one side and view on the other.

> What's this for? I'm guessing some remote drone, or are you a
> peeping-tom ;-)

LOL. It is for a remote robot.
> Simon.

Yianni