[WYLUG-help] PostgreSQL and SQL-Ledger

Mike Goodman mike.goodman at zen.co.uk
Sun Jun 4 19:02:11 BST 2006

Some progress - I found pg_hba.conf in /etc/postgresql/8.1/main/ and
there is only one copy, which is an improvement on v7.4 which had
another one in /var/libs/postgresql/data, if I remember correctly. So I
changed the one under /var at that time. No cause for confusion in v8.1.
Changed method to password (from ident sameuser) so that line now reads
loca all all password, saved and ran /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.1 restart

I got as far as setting up the default dataset then tried to set up a
second one with another user and got the same old error:
> Error!
> CREATE SEQUENCE id start 10000
> ERROR: relation "id" already exists

Can anyone tell me how I can set up datasets for my other two users? How
can I get over this problem of whatever sets the IDs' inability to set
another one? Am I doing something wrong?

Getting to the stage now where just abut any ideas would be appreciated.
Pointing sticks at it whilst chanting incantations? ;-)

The last time I got this result, a google showed lots of people
experiencing similar problems whilst installing and configuring a number
of apps, but there did not seem to be too many helpful answers.

TIA Mike