[Wylug-help] Burning a cd-rw - problems

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Mar 15 18:36:02 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 18:04, John Hodrien wrote:

> I'd try from the command line with cdrecord to check there's not something
> screwy with k3b, but since it just uses cdrecord/cdrdao and friends
> underneath I doubt it.
>
> mkisofs -RJ small_directory_of_stuff -o /tmp/foo.iso

I can't get past this -

root at david ~]# mkisofs -RJ /home/anne/Documents/LydgateDesign/
-o /home/anne/test.iso
INFO:   UTF-8 character encoding detected by locale settings.
        Assuming UTF-8 encoded filenames on source filesystem,
        use -input-charset to override.
Unknown file type (unallocated) /home/anne/Documents/LydgateDesign/.. -
ignoring and continuing.
mkisofs: No such file or directory. Invalid node - -o

I tried it first as user, but when I got the error I switched to root.  What
have I got wrong?

Is the message about utf8 relevant?  If it may be, I could run convmv against
the whole directory and try it again.