[Wylug-help] Burning a cd-rw - problems

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Mar 15 19:42:30 GMT 2006

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006, Anne Wilson wrote:

>> mkisofs -RJ small_directory_of_stuff -o /tmp/foo.iso
>
> I can't get past this -
>
> root at david ~]# mkisofs -RJ /home/anne/Documents/LydgateDesign/
> -o /home/anne/test.iso
> INFO:   UTF-8 character encoding detected by locale settings.
>        Assuming UTF-8 encoded filenames on source filesystem,
>        use -input-charset to override.
> Unknown file type (unallocated) /home/anne/Documents/LydgateDesign/.. -
> ignoring and continuing.
> mkisofs: No such file or directory. Invalid node - -o

Sorry, that's because the lady wife was standing in the cold and I had to rush
off without checking my post.

mkisofs -RJ -o /tmp/foo.iso /foo

My bad.

> I tried it first as user, but when I got the error I switched to root.  What
> have I got wrong?

Just me.

> Is the message about utf8 relevant?  If it may be, I could run convmv
> against the whole directory and try it again.

I'd ignore it for now.

jh
--
"It's better to send middle aged men abroad to bore each other than send young
  men abroad to kill each other."                     -- Robin Cook