[Wylug-help] Autostarting applications

Lee Evans lee at leeevans.org
Tue Oct 10 19:22:19 BST 2006

Hi,

You can reboot your system on a regular basis using cron, although it seems
like an odd thing to do. Try 'man cron' for more details.

KDE & Gnome both have an option to choose launch applications much like
windows' 'Startup' group. Failing that, you could launch the application by
adding it to the end of the script which is launching X on your system. If
the application itself is a little unstable (which might explain your
regular reboots) you could write a script which checks for the running
process, and launches it if not running - you could then run this on a
regular (every 5 minutes etc) basis again using cron. You would, as they
say, be killing two birds with one stone.

Lee