[Wylug-help] Rsync is broken?

RichardA pingvin at simaric.net
Thu Apr 26 23:59:42 BST 2007

> can you try ftp'ing or scp'ing some big files too and fro, to see if
> it is _not_ a problem with rsync.

A copy using  scp has just failed after 7.5GB, which implies a driver
problem not rsync. But I've previously tried two NICs, which used two
different drivers -- mii for VIA Rhine and 8390 for NE2000, I think.

> Also depending on the mobo in the mini-itx and the chip set (VIA?)
> I remember seeing some early reports of PCI (I think) problems
> when several processes were DMA'ing. See the VIA mini-itx bulletin
> boards.

I've got most of another box under my desk, a dual PIII 500. I could
build it up and do the same thing with it -- see if it acts differently.
Strange, though, that it worked for months before failing.