[Wylug-help] GRUB extra

scott linux at sh2515.plus.com
Wed Feb 28 10:23:44 GMT 2007

Okay to see if the mount in fstab would work I created a directory
in /mnt/ by

"mkdir /mnt/fedora"

I then typed

"mount /dev/sda5 /mnt/fedora"

when I entered the directory /mnt/fedora all that came up was lost
+found.  I have installed a /boot partition here so I can experiment
with GRUB to enable me to not depend on the distro installation to find
all the OS's on my PC - because they have failed in the past to enable
me to load them from GRUB.  I also tried mounting sda6 which is the
actual fedora core 6 installation and the same lost+found came up. can
anyone explain what I am doing wrong.

the reason for me wanting to mount my drive is to find out the exact
kernal i have installed for me to tell GRUB.

Craig Hopkins showed me his Grub for fedora and corrected my mistakes,
but when I select it Grub tells me I have to load the kernal before
initrd.  this leads me to surmise that I have inputted the wrong kernal
for it to load.

I must apologise for dragging this out so long, as it must be a facile
task for most of you to do.

Regards

Scott