[Wylug-help] Edimax Print Server Configuration

Dan Walker danielwalker at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 18 13:14:00 GMT 2007

Andy,

I've got an Edimax print server, and a Samsung laser printer, so I might be
able to help.

However, my printer is parallel, so the situations are not entirely analogous.

The error you're getting there suggests that whatever protocol CUPS on your
desktop is speaking, the print server isn't; You might try using nmap to see
what TCP ports the device has open.

I've had success with using HP JetDirect on some print servers in the past, it
might be worth enabling that.

Dan

P.S.

You won't make any friends posting HTML-only emails to this group...

--
Ninjas are more scared of you than
you are of them.