[Wylug-help] Edimax Print Server Configuration

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Jan 18 22:34:23 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 15:15, Shaun Laughey wrote:

> Although if only the mandrake printer one worked reliably and was widely
> used because it's nice and straight forward and I'm sure it used to do
> autodetection of all printers on the network segment.
>
> Fond memories of my Mandrake laptop finding all 10 printers in the building
> for me, URL's the lot while my colleague had to go round asking for ip
> addresses and playing the Windows "wheres the driver disk?" game.

I have Mandriva 2007 on a laptop, and it still does find the printer attached
to the server.  I've never set it up to print to the ethernet printer yet,
though.  FWIW, this is the first time I've had anything to do with either
ethernet printers or Brother printers, and this was easy from FC6.  I don't
see why the downloaded drivers wouldn't work equally well on MDV.

Sorry to have drifted OT