[Wylug-help] Re: NetworkManager & resolv.conf

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 23:01:46 BST 2007

Smylers

> > Been a standard bug in Debian or as long as I can remember.
>
> Oooh, thanks for that Richard.  Is this just from your experience,
> or is there a bug somewhere with more information?

Experience.  When Matt Palmer came to England the bug had been around
for about two or three years...

http://www.sheflug.org.uk/matt.html

it's been around ever since then.

> Did you report it when you first encountered it -- what was the
> response?

Every time I've reported a Debian bug I've been crapped on from an
international level and at the national level.  I've given up.
Voting ?  You must be joking.

> > Don't know if this relates to Ubuntu in some way
> Well of course it does!

Yes

Right, on now to Mr Brown and Paddington bear.  Mr Blair introduced
the new concept of flood plains and flooded homes and tins of beans
cooked over a candle.  A brave new world. Perhaps a brave GNU world
may be better ?

--
Richard