[Wylug-help] Inexpensive Broadband Router & Firewall (for Virgin Broadband)

Andrew J Cole ajcole at ajcole.org
Sun May 20 17:54:29 BST 2007

I am looking for inexpensive bradband routers for two retired former
colleagues who will shortly be vacating their office (and IT facilities)
in the university.  Both have had NTL (now Virgin) phone and TV service
at home for some years and are unlikly to change supplier.

So I am seeking recent experience with inexpensive broadband routers, for
use with Virgin Cable, which incorporate an easy to configure firewall and
wireless access point and at least two 10/100BaseT autosensing LAN ports.

Expecting a deluge of replies it might be best if they came to me only
and I will (eventually) summarise back to the list.

Andrew

ps. you will probably be unsuprised that if this were my choice only I
    wouldn't look any further then a Vigor2100x however both D-Link and
    Netgear appear to have offerings at about half the price of a Vigor.