[Wylug-help] Debian help needed

Jim Jackson jj at franjam.org.uk
Mon Apr 7 09:28:24 BST 2008

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008, Jim Jackson wrote:

> Hi Anne,
>
> On Sun, 6 Apr 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to get spell-checking working on the EeePC.  Neither aspell nor
>> ispell are in the default repos, and I have been advised to enable these:
>>
>> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
>> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/ stable/non-US main contrib
>> non-free
>>
>> I then have the problem that I haven't got the gpg-key for them.  I
>> googled,

One extra thing to point out is that, using the apt-get method of
installing, you are prompted if you want to continue, give the repository
might not be trusted because of lack of keys.

I'd not install a down loaded deb file, except in exceptional
circumstances. However if you have to try...

   http://www.newlinuxuser.com/howto-use-dpkg-to-install-deb-files/