[Wylug-help] Web page problem

Philip Wyett philwyett at gmx.com
Sun Dec 28 10:22:32 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-12-28 at 07:40 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I spent the whole of yesterday working on a web page for a club.  The page
> uses a script to run a slideshow, and I've done several pages like this
> before.  I could not get the slideshow to run, so to try to find the problem I
> copied a shorter page that I know does run into the working directory, and
> simply changed the name of the pictures.  It didn't run.

These tests are all being performed on the local or remote server?

What language is the scripting and is it embedded in page or imported?

Have you tested the images normally in a browser to basically check
there is no corruption or anything odd in the images file headers etc.?

> I've checked permissions.  I've gone through the code line by line and it is
> identical to the page that runs.  I've totally run out of things to check and
> desperately need some hints.  Thanks

If the files are identical bar image filenames, I would have picked
through the code line by line as a last resort as the eye does miss
things and would have used 'diff' instead as it misses nothing. ;-)

Regards

Phil