[Wylug-help] LAN/samba problems

Andrew J Cole ajcole at ajcole.org
Sun Feb 10 22:03:57 GMT 2008

Anne,

I feel there are too many interacting sub-problems in this thread.
We appear to have a mix of SELinux/iptables problems which may (or may
not) be responsible for all your Samba problem.

Althought I know its a bit like being asked for directions and being
advised not to start from here I would suggest that you address (and
solve) some of the obvious sub-problems which have come up.

Personally I would first address the fact that you don't have swat
functional.

If the server has a head it should be easy to browse the server (using
swat) from a browser running on the server against Samba running on
the same box.  If http://address-of-server:901/ fails then that needs
attention first.  If that does work yet the same URL is not available
from your wired and/or wifi clients then that needs to be addressed.
At least then you can more readily control and monitor the (Samba) server.

Andrew