[Wylug-help] Mail problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 26 12:09:43 GMT 2008

Yesterday evening my mail stopped arriving.  Coincidentally (?) there was a
problem with another electronic device at around the same time.  Anyway, the
result appears to have been a corruption of procmailrc.  Everything seems to
be working again now, but meanwhile there are a lot of messages stuck in an
mbox file in my home directory.  It's quite a big file, so it would take me a
very long time to try to separate them and forward them to myself - if in
fact that's even possible.

KMail is set to use maildir.  Maybe it's possible to create an mbox folder and
get that file displayed in it?  Does anyone have any ideas how I might rescue
the messages?  Thanks