[Wylug-help] setting up server

Scott Hodgson linux at sh2515.plus.com
Sun Jun 15 18:24:06 BST 2008

Hi

What do I need to to setup a file sharing server on my network
(localnetwork).
I have an old server and I have installed Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron, not
the server edition as I am not competent with command line.  I want to
setup /home folders for users on the server and a shared music folder so
we are not using large amounts of hard drive space.  also later on a
mailserver for pop3 accounts.  I have looked around and can't figure out
what I need for this purpose.  Also can you recommend good sites to get
a tutorial on setting it up please.
So far I think I need openssh samba and NFS.