[Wylug-help] OSX to Linux Numerical UIDs

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Jun 17 18:25:22 BST 2008

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Dave Fisher wrote:

> I suspect that the process of re-assigning numerical UIDs may well be
> "non-trivial" to the average Ubuntu user, and it may even be non-trivial
> for me, but I've been using *nix flavours for getting on 20 years, so I
> "do want to know".

Knowing nothing about OSX, you could always do the inverse of what you've
asked to do.  Changing it all on the linux side should be trivial.

But then it wouldn't surprise me if it was basically the same with OSX.  Bunch
of files that need chowning and /etc/passwd (or equivalent) that needs
updating with the new uid.

jh

--
"Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until you can find a rock."
                                                      -- Anon.