[Wylug-help] Web caching/proxy

Kevin Barrass K.J.Barrass at leeds.ac.uk
Thu May 15 13:11:20 BST 2008

Think I will setup a small squid/bind cache and see how it fairs up. I
don't want to go all the hog with something like Ipcop as I have Cisco
kit to do the Firewall/IPS stuff :)
Might have a play around with WCCP to do some transparent caching. I'm
not too bothered if there is little performance gain as it will be
interesting to setup and a learning exercise.

Does anyone know what webcaching/proxy'ing ISPs use these days. An ISP I
worked for years ago "makes me sound old" used Netap Netcache but that
was back in the days of dialup.

Cheers all for responses.

Regards

Kev