[Wylug-help] DNS problems on a PC

Neil Pilgrim linux at kepier.clara.net
Thu May 15 08:35:50 BST 2008

Mike Goodman wrote:
>> James Holden wrote:

>>> 208.67.222.222
>>> and
>>> 208.67.220.220
>
> No joy, I'm afraid. The new settings were cleared in the reboot. How do
> I glue them in?

If you're using debian (etch) then try using the following lines in the
particular interface you're talking about:
   dns-search home.network
   dns-nameservers 208.67.222.222
for some values of nameservers and network search name.

I'm a little unclear whether multiple nameservers should go on the same
line or not - this isn't documented in 'man interfaces' AFAICT.

This is listed in an example on vlans on the following page, but I'm
fairly sure its applicable on regular interfaces.
http://wiki.debian.org/NetworkConfiguration#head-50b809de326a60dfffa964385bc8dec3c8103aad