[Wylug-help] Need to re-access old data after Mediawiki upgrade

Dave Fisher wylug-help at davefisher.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 16:39:43 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 05:17:41PM +0100, Mark Randall wrote:
> I wouldn't rely on just a copy of LocalSettings.php without first running
> the upgrade script.

I couldn't rely on that anyway, cos it looks like I've mislaid the old
LocalSettings.php

> Depending on how old your mediawiki database is, you can try to upgrade the
> database by following the instructions on the mediawiki website:
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading. Otherwise, I would suggest
> upgrading to an in-between version beforehand...
>
> It is really easy

That's what they all say :-(

The reason I asked the specific questions that I did in the original
post is that I don't have the original install ... or, more accurately,
I don't have *all* of it.

So I may need to rebuild the wiki from the database only ... if that's
possible.

I appear to have everything from the original install that goes in the
following directories on a debian system:

  /var/lib/mysql  - including /var/lib/mysql/wikidb
  /var/lib/mediawiki
  /usr/share/mediawiki

Unfortunately, my backup of the following is empty:

  /etc/mediawiki

If there are other filesystems involved, I'd need to know what they are
before I could confirm whether or not I still have them.

Any ideas?

Dave