[Wylug-help] Slow Internet with Ubuntu 11.04

Christopher McLean C.J.McLean at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Sep 2 08:53:41 UTC 2011

If it goes again, try something like:

mtr google.com

Might be best to do that while it's happy as well, just to give you a baseline. This should give you some idea on which hop the bottleneck is, as it's sounding more like gremlins in the pipes than any specific hardware issues; keep an eye on packet loss and average ping times.

few more quick question;
* are you accessing the router web interface on its internal or external IP. It could be getting confused with packets originating on the local network hitting its external address
* have you tried another browser (chrome?), just to rule out firefox being dumb?

Chris