[Wylug-help] Slow Internet with Ubuntu 11.04

Christopher McLean C.J.McLean at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Sep 2 14:54:10 UTC 2011

Mtr by default just keeps running until you CTRL-c it. To get it to generate one offs, try:

mtr --report --report-cycles=NN google.com

where NN is a positive integer. You could easily cron the above command to run (hourly?) with something like:

mtr --report --report-cycles=NN google.com > /PATH/TO/SOMEWHERE/mtr-report.`date +%F_%H%M`

"man mtr" is your friend, and chrome all but installs itself from here:

http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html?hl=en-GB&platform=linux

Chris