[Wylug-help] Limited access to NAS directories.

Anne Wilson anne at lydgate.org
Thu Oct 17 16:13:50 UTC 2013

I have a problem accessing my QNAS storage.  Using the web interface I
can access all as necessary, but I can no longer access files through
file managers or music players while in Linux..  In Linux I mount the
NAS (nfs) in fstab, and in Windows I have mapped drives.  The Windows
maps do work, but the fstab mounts do not let me enter the
subdirectories.

Senility means fading memory, but I'm sure that I used to be asked for
a password the first time I attempted to enter the directories in
Dolphin, and that isn't happening now.  My password on the NAS is
different from my local one, so that would be necessary, and Windows
does still ask me.  My first throught was that I had trashed
permissions on the directories, but on reflection I believe that I
have to find some way to ensure that a password request occurs.  Any
thoughts on how I can do that?  Thanks