[YLUG] email problem

Liam Wilson liam.wilson at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 9 18:31:46 BST 2006

I've just disabled my firewall and tried my email. It
connected once and retrieved my mail, but won't
connect again. I also checked the settings, they all
match the other pc's settings. I'm getting the same
connection timed out error.

The internet connection works fine, I'm sending this
email from the same computer.

Both pc's are connected to the internet through the
same ADSL modem/ethernet router, and my ISP is
tiscali.

I'm using version 1.5.0.4 of thunderbird rather than
1.0.6 if that makes a difference. Could it be an IPv6
thing? I had to disable that in firefox to make
firefox work.

Thanks
Liam