[YLUG] Compaq desktop up for grabs

Simon Ward simon at principia.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 19 18:53:51 BST 2006

Due to a possible move to forn parts in the near future, I have a
pressing need to offload some of my junk(!). The following machine is up
for grabs:

Compaq Deskpro EN
- 933MHz Pentium III (Coppermine)[*]
- 384Mb RAM
- 40Gb hard disk
- CD burner
- Usual on-board stuff (VGA, LAN, USB, sound etc.) plus two
   additional PCI NICs (has a 3 slot PCI daughterboard)
- Has a floppy drive but don't know if it works (never needed to use it)
- Has Slackware 10.mumble installed already but since there's no
   interesting hardware pretty much any distro will work.

Has the additional advantage of being very quiet in normal operation.
Would make an ideal firewall or web server (I used it as a webserver)

Sensible offers please, buyer has to collect.

Simon

[*] - since this is a socket 370 CPU, it's possible that it could be
       upgraded, say to a Tualatin P3. The BIOS would probably need to be
       flashed though.