[YLUG] Server purchase

Robert Hulme rob at robhulme.com
Fri May 19 11:33:11 BST 2006

> > Sounds reasonable to me. There are some projects out there that do
> > this kind of thing... I don't really know much about it but
> > 'Ultramonkey' rings a bell.
> Thanks, I'd come across that one in my web-based searches on the subject
> but it's nice to have it confirmed that it does the right kind of thing.
Depending on what applications you're running on it I suspect you'll
get much higher availability on two 'homemade' boxes with hot failover
than you will on one really expensive branded box.
"98.5% of DNA is considered to be junk DNA with no known purpose.
Maybe it's XML tags." -- Anon

definition, not smart enough to debug it." - Kernighan

http://www.robhulme.com/
http://robhu.livejournal.com/